Friday, June 5, 2015

Week 2 - Comin' to an End

Hello all and happy happy Friday!

Today is the end of my first full week of interning at Lounge Interiors. I have had so much fun this week and have learned a whole lot! :) Haley and the two other girls here have been so great - they have included me in as much as possible on all current projects; which I think is pretty cool. I'm getting to include my input and help make selections for our clients. One of my challenges so far has been field measuring just because it's pretty intimidating considering you're usually doing it in front of the client. I just had to suck it up, and put to use what I learned my first year in USM's program. After doing it this week, I'm already starting to feel more comfortable with it.

This week I have learned a lot about pricing and estimating. I've been thrown into the retail and inventory world of working in a show room. I feel like this is kind of behind the scenes in school because it's hard to make it as real as possible - and everyone prices and estimates differently depending on many factors.

If I have learned this much in only a week and a half, I can't wait to see what the next 7 weeks are going to be like!!

I hope y'all have a fabulous weekend - I know I will! See y'all Monday! :)

- Morgan

No comments:

Post a Comment